Dental implants are surgical procedures where the root of your tooth is replaced with an artificial one. In this process, the dental implant is screwed into the jawbone to support an artificial tooth. Before the procedure, local anesthesia is administered to numb your mouth. It may take up to 90 minutes for the first procedure to get completed but the whole process may take anywhere from 6 to 12 months with multiple dental appointments. In order to understand if dental implants are good for you or not, you must know their advantages and disadvantages:
Benefits of pasadena implant dentistry:
- Provides natural appearance: Dental implants help you regain your previous appearance by giving you the confidence to smile freely.
- Enhanced speech: Dentures and other treatment options may slip and cause embarrassment while you are speaking. However, dental implants offer more stability and are a more reliable solution and thereby, improving your speech.
- Improved teeth performance: It improves your chewing experience by providing you with better teeth with stability.
- Durable treatment: Mostly, dental implants are quite durable if done properly. With proper care, they can even last a lifetime. Hence, dental implants provide a long-term solution for your damaged truth.
- It helps preserve the health of your teeth: If you have lost your teeth, your jawbone may begin to deteriorate. Hence, dental implants should be done on time to preserve the density of the bone and improve the health of your mouth.
- Convenient process: When performed by a qualified and experienced dentist, dental implants offer a very comfortable experience to the patient.
Factors that should be considered before opting for dental implants:
- Overall health condition: If you are planning to go for a dental implant, make sure you don’t have any major diseases such as uncontrolled diabetes or disorders of your immune system. These health problems may interfere with the healing process.
- Jawbone density: Your dentist will examine the bone density and if it is adequate then only he will proceed with the dental implant. However, if the jawbone is not strong, your dentist may advise a bone grafting procedure first.
- Cost: Dental implants are mostly more expensive than other treatment options related to teeth. However, they also offer a long-term solution and hence, the benefits outweigh the cost easily.
Hence, ensure that you go through both the advantages and the risk factors associated with dental implants and make an informed choice based on the above factors.