H1B Visas in Chicago: A Guide to Applications and Regulations

The H1B visa is a temporary permit to work in the United States in special occupations.

It is a non-immigrant visa, category H, granted on a work basis, allowing foreign professionals to take up a position in a North American company and legally work in the country.

It is intended for people who already have a job offer in the U.S. for a vacancy that an American did not fill. There is an annual limit for granting H1B visas of 65 thousand and an additional quota of 20 thousand for professionals with a master’s degree acquired at U.S. universities.

But what types of professionals are likely to win an H1B visa?

This is what we will see in the next topic.

How The H1B Visa Works

The H1B visa is intended for highly specialized professionals such as h1b lawyer chicago for example in areas where the United States is short on labor. It is a visa for graduated professionals with specialized training or recognized experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in the USA.

Doctors, dentists, engineers, architects, teachers, engineers, I.T. professionals, journalists, economists, and lawyers are some of the professions that can be contemplated with an H1B visa.

The H1B visa is three years and can be extended for longer, without exceeding six years.

H1B visa holders may become eligible to apply for a Green Card once they reach the maximum stay of six years.

H1B Visa Requirements

The H1B visa application involves certain requirements from the American company that wants to hire a foreign professional such as SimVisa for example and from the professional himself.

The company must:

Be based in the U.S. and be legal and registered

Prove the need to hire a foreign professional due to a lack of local labor through the Labor Certification Application (LCA)

Demonstrate that you will be able to pay the professional equivalent salary or what you would pay an American

Prove adequate working conditions

Provide company information

Present the job description and functions to be performed by the foreign professional.

Professionals who want the H1B visa must meet at least one of these requirements:

Have an undergraduate degree or higher level required by the profession

Have a foreign degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree

Have a license, registration, or certification that authorizes the practice of the profession

Have a job offer in the USA, that is, a sponsor.