Laser hair removal is a non-invasive technique to reduce or eliminate unwanted body hair. You should avoid sun exposure for six weeks before and after therapy. Sun exposure makes laser hair removal Brooklyn less effective and increases the likelihood of complications after the operation. Furthermore, shave the treatment area two to three days before treatment since laser hair removal will not work on regions where the hair is longer than a grain of rice. Here are other common recommendations:
- Avoid irritating your skin.
- Avoid waxing and plucking.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory medications that may increase bleeding, like aspirin.
- The procedure should not be performed if you have an active infection, like a cold sore or bacterial skin infection.
Understanding laser hair removal procedures
Laser hair removal is a method of eliminating unwanted hair from your body. Also, it is non-invasive, which means no incisions in your skin are required. This treatment may be applied to any body region, but the most common sites are the face, underarms, bikini area, back, legs, and any areas that generate pubic hair.
Benefits of laser hair removal techniques
Laser hair removal is effective on the face, leg, back, chin, arm, bikini line, and other regions. The following are the prevalent benefits of laser hair removal:
- Precision: Lasers may selectively target dark, coarse hairs while causing no harm to the surrounding skin.
- Speed: Each laser pulse lasts a fraction of a second and may address many hairs simultaneously. Every second, the laser might treat an area the size of a quarter. Small parts, like the upper lip, may be treated in under a minute, while larger regions, like the back or legs, might take up to an hour.
- Predictability: Most individuals have permanent hair loss after about three to seven sessions.
How does laser hair removal function
Laser hair removal employs a process called selective photothermolysis. The heat from a laser kills cells with a lot of pigment. Dark hair absorbs the most heat since it has a lot of pigment (color).
Hair distributes heat to the hair follicles and destroys them, so they cannot grow. Your hair follicle has to be in its anagen, or growth, stage for the treatment to work. Since follicles are in different stages at different times, most individuals require multiple laser treatments.
Recovery after your laser hair removal procedures
The treated region of your skin will look and feel sunburnt for a day or two afterward. Cool compresses and moisturizers might assist. If your face was treated, you might wear makeup the next day unless the skin is blistering.
Furthermore, over the next month, your treated hair will fall out. You should also wear sunscreen for the following month to assist in preventing temporary changes in the color of the treated skin.
Laser hair removal is a safe, effective method to eliminate unwanted body hair. The heat from a laser eliminates hair and destroys hair follicles. It is not permanent, although the results last longer than plucking, tweezing, or waxing.
Most individuals require multiple treatments, and only a qualified healthcare provider should perform this operation. Call Heights Aesthetic Laser Center or book your appointment online to determine if laser hair removal procedures suit you.