It is essential that educational facilities have flooring that can withstand the high foot traffic of students and teachers. However, it is not always easy to choose the right type of flooring.
A good commercial flooring company can supply and install educational flooring in schools, libraries, childcare centres, university campuses, and other learning institutions throughout your local region. They should be able to make your education centre look amazing and last a lifetime with their expert advice and high-quality flooring installations.
What to look for in Education Flooring
It is important to make the right choice when choosing education flooring for your school. You need to think about many things to make sure that students and teachers have a healthy, safe environment in which to study and work. Before you decide on the flooring option that you want, here are some things to keep in mind.
- Safety – Every childcare centre or school needs to ensure that children have a safe environment with a sturdy floor. People underestimate the impact flooring has on falling and slipping. Slip-resistant flooring can be used to prevent slippage in areas that are more susceptible to falling.
- Durability – Commercial-grade flooring is essential for long-lasting floors. Commercial flooring is extremely durable and can withstand heavy foot traffic. You get great value and peace of mind when you choose durable educational flooring. It will last for many years and still look beautiful.
- Hygienic – Considering the mess that can be made in cafeterias and classrooms at schools across the country, it is important to have clean and hygienic flooring. You should choose a flooring option that reduces germ spread, which will protect both students’ and teachers’ health. You can achieve this by choosing a floor option with no cracks or joints. This will prevent dirt and grime buildup.
- Style – Visitors must make a good impression upon entering your campus, especially on open days where you want to attract new students. A modern, practical and beautiful flooring option can transform any space. It is important to match the style, colour and design of the flooring with your interior decor.
- The Best Flooring for Every Room – Most education centres don’t need one type of flooring in every room. The flooring requirements of every room will vary, from classrooms and corridors to dining areas and laboratories.
Here are 2 types of commercial flooring that are suitable for schools and educational facilities.
The vinyl collection is an excellent educational flooring option that can be used in a variety of spaces, including hallways, cafeterias, computer labs, and libraries. Vinyl planks can give the appearance of wood by creating a durable and low-maintenance flooring option. Vinyl is easy to clean and maintain, making it ideal for environments with allergies.
Vinyl can be easily installed in small and large spaces. Vinyl tiles or sheet vinyl can be chosen, but sheet vinyl is preferred by schools because it reduces the number of floor joining seams. This prevents dirt and grime from building up and makes the surface very cleanable.
Carpet and Flooring
Carpet remains the most preferred flooring choice in schools. Carpet is used in classrooms and hallways in many different designs. It also comes in a variety of colours and textures. Carpet is safe, durable, cost-effective, and versatile.
Sound control is another benefit of carpet flooring in educational facilities. Carpet flooring that is sound-absorbing can help to reduce noise levels in your building. Commercial carpets are a great choice for libraries and study areas.